Osprey Flight Solutions provides market leading risk management support to the aviation industry. We have achieved this in a short timeframe through a constant focus on innovation, the continuous development of new capabilities and products and the relentless pursuit of excellence and client success. By leveraging the highest quality of human analysis and cutting-edge computing techniques, we have developed a unique system that signifies a breakthrough in aviation security support.
As part of a small, passionate and committed team, you will be instrumental in ensuring the delivery of key technical milestones and possess excellent communication skills, a positive mindset and a strong sense of accountability. Full transparency and the confidence to have honest discussions about output are essential qualities needed for working in such a collaborative environment where work is openly examined and delivered outcomes collectively discussed.
A great team, variety and flexible employment terms ensure that working for Osprey is rewarding, challenging and highly enjoyable. As a key part of a rapidly growing company, flexibility and an innovative approach to solutions is essential.
As Backend Developer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the server-side of our applications, working closely with our team to ensure system consistency and scalability. The day to day consists of optimizing routines for speed and stability, implementing new features and ensuring the structure is secure, generating reusable libraries with high quality of code.
Back to Careers
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding, testing and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional applications
- Enhance application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with Front-end team to establish objectives and design more functional to enhance the user experience
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Follow emerging technologies
- Participate in continued training and education to remain the best practices
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Reviewing code from other developers
- Support the identification and resolution of reported issues
- Support the Back End planning meetings, including JIRA and stand ups providing accurate time estimates for own work
- Understand & define the development requirements and accurately estimating completion times
- Collaborate with the wider Tech Team to understand to understand their priorities & delivery plans
- Support the Team Lead in creating outline design definitions that guide the Back End team and inform the wider tech team
- Support the Back End planning meetings, including standups & providing time estimates for own work
- Create efficient and accurate code, documentation and tests to the standards required by the business within agreed timescales
- Be responsible for developing and updating specific areas of the system and ensuring shared knowledge of the design and interfaces
- Innovate new ways of managing, storing and processing data, creating new solutions for innovative features and products
We place great emphasis on personal qualities over and above skills, experience and qualifications. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Honesty and integrity. We value these qualities above all.
- Confidence to speak out in groups of people and to share ideas.
- Ability to learn quickly and to adapt plans to meet changing requirements.
- Humility to accept input and feedback from others and to learn at every opportunity.
- Ability to deliver sustained value when working independently with little supervision.
- The flexibility, versatility and humility to pick up any task and complete to best of their ability.
- The ability to take ownership and to resolve conflict.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Ability to handle regular change.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Laravel experience & ideally Octane
- Microservices architecture experience
- APIs & use of PostMan
- OpenAPI Documentation & ideally Swagger
- Git / PR / Code reviews
- Using and creating resources on AWS
- Resolving Back End or infrastructure bugs/issues
- Experience of using NoSQL
- Good communication skills to gather technical requirements and raise issues or concerns
- Work within Agile Scrum teams, and able to prioritise own work
- Experience of working with Jira (Sprint & Kanban boards) & Confluence
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to achieve deadlines