Based in Dublin, Ireland, this role will be key employment for our new Irish subsidiary.
Osprey Flight Solutions provides market leading risk management support to the aviation industry. We have achieved this in a short timeframe through a constant focus on innovation, the continuous development of new capabilities and products and the relentless pursuit of excellence and client success. By leveraging the highest quality of human analysis and cutting-edge computing techniques, we have developed a unique system that signifies a breakthrough in aviation security support.
As part of a small, passionate and committed team, you will be instrumental in ensuring the delivery of key technical milestones and possess excellent communication skills, a positive mindset and a strong sense of accountability. Full transparency and the confidence to have honest discussions about output are essential qualities needed for working in such a collaborative environment where work is openly examined and delivered outcomes collectively discussed.
A great team, variety and flexible employment terms ensure that working for Osprey is rewarding, challenging and highly enjoyable. As a key part of a rapidly growing company, flexibility and an innovative approach to solutions is essential.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for performing detailed business analysis and writing detailed product requirements to ensure that our products are built to best match our customer’s needs.
Back to Careers
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle from ideation to design and implementation
- Collaborate with the Product Management & Commercial teams to define priorities and the backlog of requirements for the teams to implement
- Form a deep understanding of our customers requirements
- Participate in continued training and education to remain current with best practices
- Work with Jira (Sprint & Kanban boards) & Confluence to document requirements
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to achieve deadlines
- Liaise with stakeholders to ascertain business requirements and use cases
- Create detailed and well-structured Epics & Stories that capture requirements and aid the implementation teams to understand and accurate implement them
- Document workflows to aid in the creation of testing criteria
- Working with the testing team and engineers to ensure that the product matches requirements
- Agile ceremonies & meetings, including standups, planning & providing time estimates for own work
We place great emphasis on personal qualities over and above skills, experience and qualifications. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Honesty and integrity. We value these qualities above all.
- Confidence to speak out in groups of people and to share ideas.
- Ability to learn quickly and to adapt plans to meet changing requirements.
- Humility to accept input and feedback from others and to learn at every opportunity.
- Ability to deliver sustained value when working independently with little supervision.
- The flexibility, versatility and humility to pick up any task and complete to best of their ability.
- The ability to take ownership and to resolve conflict.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Ability to handle regular change.
Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years’ experience of demonstrated experience in an equivalent role
- Experience of creating user stories
- Experience working within an agile environment as part of a scrum team
- Excellent documentation skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, being able to convey user flows to non-technical users and stakeholders
- Experience of working with Jira or similar
- Experience of working as a Product Owner within a Scrum framework
- Experience working with Aha