Osprey Flight Solutions provides market leading risk management support to the aviation industry. We have achieved this in a short timeframe through a constant focus on innovation, the continuous development of new capabilities and products and the relentless pursuit of excellence and client success. By leveraging the highest quality of human analysis and cutting-edge computing techniques, we have developed a unique system that signifies a breakthrough in aviation security support.
As part of a small, passionate, and committed team, you will be instrumental in ensuring the delivery of key technical milestones and possess excellent communication skills, a positive mindset, and a strong sense of accountability. Full transparency and the confidence to have honest discussions about output are essential qualities needed for working in such a collaborative environment where work is openly examined and delivered outcomes collectively discussed.
A great team, variety and flexible employment terms ensure that working for Osprey is rewarding, challenging and highly enjoyable. As a key part of a rapidly growing company, flexibility and an innovative approach to solutions is essential.
As part of the Frontend team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing UI/UX features and functionality for a growing suite of products and services, whilst ensuring applications are optimized to handle large volumes of data and perform well across all devices.
Back to Careers
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding, testing and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional applications
- Enhance application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with Front End team to establish objectives and design improved functionality to enhance the user experience
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Follow emerging technologies
- Participate in continued training and education to remain current with best practices
- Work within Agile Scrum teams, and able to prioritise own work
- Experience of working with Jira (Sprint & Kanban boards) & Confluence
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to achieve deadlines
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of bugs
- Reviewing code from other developers
- Support the identification and resolution of reported issues
- Translating UI/UX designs into features
- Maintaining and enhancing component libraries used within all applications
- Working closely with the Backend team to define API specifications for upcoming functionality
- Understand & define the development requirements and accurately estimate timescales
- Collaborate with the wider Tech Team to understand to understand their priorities & delivery plans
- Support the Team Lead in creating outline design definitions that guide the Front End team and inform the wider tech team
- Front End planning meetings, including stand-ups & providing time estimates for own work
We place great emphasis on personal qualities over and above skills, experience and qualifications. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Honesty and integrity. We value these qualities above all.
- Confidence to speak out in groups of people and to share ideas.
- Ability to learn quickly and to adapt plans to meet changing requirements.
- Humility to accept input and feedback from others and to learn at every opportunity.
- Ability to deliver sustained value when working independently with little supervision.
- The flexibility, versatility and humility to pick up any task and complete to best of their ability.
- The ability to take ownership and to resolve conflict.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Ability to handle regular change.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ Years’ experience working with: React JS or similar UI frameworks, Typescript, NodeJS
- Experience working within an agile environment as part of a scrum team
- Geospatial data and mapping libraries (DeckGL, MapboxGL)
- State management libraries (Redux, Apollo)
- Server-side rendering using NextJS
- Working with high volumes of data
- Experience creating and maintaining NPM libraries
- Using design tools such as Figma/Adobe XD to create mockups
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, being able to convey technical information using non-technical language