Based in Dublin, Ireland, this role will be key employment for our new subsidiary.
Osprey Flight Solutions provides market leading risk management support to the aviation industry. We have achieved this in a short timeframe through a constant focus on innovation, the continuous development of new capabilities and products and the relentless pursuit of excellence and client success. By leveraging the highest quality of human analysis and cutting-edge computing techniques, we have developed a unique system that signifies a breakthrough in aviation security support.
As part of a small, passionate and committed team, you will be instrumental in ensuring the delivery of key technical milestones and possess excellent communication skills, a positive mindset and a strong sense of accountability. Full transparency and the confidence to have honest discussions about output are essential qualities needed for working in such a collaborative environment where work is openly examined and delivered outcomes collectively discussed.
A great team, variety and flexible employment terms ensure that working for Osprey is rewarding, challenging and highly enjoyable. As a key part of a rapidly growing company, flexibility and an innovative approach to solutions is essential.
As UI/UX developer, you will be responsible for crafting consistent and predictable user experiences across a growing suite of products and services ranging from web apps to email content across all devices.
Back to Careers
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle from ideation to design and implementation
- Collaborate with the Front End engineers to establish objectives and design improved functionality to enhance the user experience
- Follow emerging technologies
- Participate in continued training and education to remain current with best practices
- Work within Agile Scrum teams, and able to prioritise own work
- Experience of working with Jira (Sprint & Kanban boards) & Confluence
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to achieve deadlines
- Design appealing and intuitive web and mobile based user interfaces that will make our products pleasurable and efficient to use
- Liaise with stakeholders to ascertain business requirements and use cases
- Refine and maintain Figma component libraries used across all applications
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to create consistent experiences across all osprey products
- Document workflows to aid in the creation of testing criteria
- Understand & define the design requirements and accurately estimate timescales
- Collaborate with the wider Tech Team to understand to understand their priorities & delivery plans
- Support the Team Leads in creating outline design definitions that guide the Front End team and inform the wider tech team
- Agile ceremonies & meetings, including standups, planning & providing time estimates for own work
We place great emphasis on personal qualities over and above skills, experience and qualifications. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Honesty and integrity. We value these qualities above all.
- Confidence to speak out in groups of people and to share ideas.
- Ability to learn quickly and to adapt plans to meet changing requirements.
- Humility to accept input and feedback from others and to learn at every opportunity.
- Ability to deliver sustained value when working independently with little supervision.
- The flexibility, versatility and humility to pick up any task and complete to best of their ability.
- The ability to take ownership and to resolve conflict.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Ability to handle regular change.
Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years’ experience of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI design
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Figma or Adobe XD
- Experience in creating storyboards and site mapping
- Experience designing for multiple form factors and screen sizes
- Knowledge of atomic design principles
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, being able to convey user flows to non-technical users and stakeholders.
- Experience designing map-based applications
- Experience working with Mapbox studio
- Experience working within an Agile environment as part of a scrum team
Please submit a URL to a portfolio of work alongside your CV application, applications without a portfolio will not be considered.